Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I Love You Daddy!

I wish I was really able to articulate my feelings...bottom line...Daddy, I MISS YOU!!!! Today has been 22 years since you were taken away from us...I CAN'T believe it! Somedays I miss you so much it hurts. I still find myself even now thinking I have to call Dad and tell him the great news: graduations, weddings, grand-babies, and especially when BOTH Brandon and Brock became pilots. I wish so much that my children could had gotten the opportunity to have to know you. I use to be angry at God for taking you away from us so early in our lives! You were always my Hero did you know that Daddy?!!! Not only was I Daddy's Little Girl, but so were Lynette and Bridgett. I feel very strongly that you brought LaVar into our family, he has been a wonderful father to us and an AMAZING grandpa! All the grandkids love him SO MUCH! However, I still feel cheated that they never really got to know YOU!! You would have loved them all so much and probably SPOILED them all rotten...but we would have forgiven YOU! I know that you are playing with your little Brightyn right now preparing her for her life here on earth. I have NO doubts that you are watching over all of us because you always seem to know when I REALLY need you or just need a special pick me up. When I really need you or am feeling extremely low somehow you just know and are there..thats when you send me my special gift. I find a penny from HIM in the craziest places!!!!! I call them my Pennies from Heaven. I don't know how you do it but PLEASE don't ever stop!!!! They give me that extra little boost I need to see me through. I see so much of you in all my children. Their sense of humor, love for life, compassion, love of flying!, I could go on and on. Even little Josh and Bentley occasionally have your crooked smile and my heart melts because it looks like YOU! Dad I just wanted you to know what an impact you had on my life. I hope that you are proud of me and what I have done with my life. I see your great- grandchildren and know how proud you would have been of them and their parents. Dad, I love you...You are in my heart at all times. I hope that I have made my life what you would have wanted for me. No matter how many years may pass, you will never be far from my heart!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

well written. He will forever be in our hearts. There is never a day goes by that I don't think of him too. Your flowers are beautiful! Love Lynette

Chantell and Brock said...

Ok I am so crying right now. I know that he is snuggling my baby girl right now. I was just telling Brock today that I wish I could have known him. I know he was an amazing man just from all the wonderful things I hear about him & just from the feelings i get from you. I can't imagine how hard these last 22yrs have been. All I can say is that you are a strong women & its so wonderful you have such an amazing Angel watching over you. He obviosly loves you soooooooo much. Love you Deb, see you soon!

Chris said...

Ok I'm crying too. I have written similar letters about my parents. I feel like I was robbed and my children. I wish children would appreciate their parents more and and realize that you can't take them for granted. I was 22 when both my parents had passed away. I remember when I found out I was pregnant with Troy, my first thought was "I need to call mom and tell her". Then the disappointment, empty feeling hit me. She's not here. But like you, it was so reassuring to know that my parents were taking care and loving each of my kids before they were sent to me. I know they are watching over us. Can you imagine not having that knowledge? Sad huh? I love you and I'm grateful for your friendship Deb! You're the best..

Shana said...

Ok, that brought tears to my eyes. Very beautiful Deb!! You have a great dad and I think it is so neat that Brock and Brandon both love flying like he did!

Anonymous said...

Deb- I haven't been able to look at blogs for awhile and what a great tribut. I love you and thank god everyday for our family and the wonderful men we have to help us through life. I know daddy is spoiling all the kids in heaven and preparing them for our meeting. Bridgett